Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Upcomings: Panels! Cartoonistas! Comics!





Things a poppin' in Flophouseland!

THURSDAY, APRIL 1 - PANEL: CONTEMPORARY JEWISH MUSUEM, SAN FRANCISCO

I'll be on a panel of Jewish comic book creators, including the legendary JOE KUBERT, to discuss the Jewish connection in superhero comics and other related topics. The invitation was based on my article on STRANGE TALES/THE GOLEM in BACK ISSUE #36 and on some of my Jewish characters (Greenblatt the Great!, Harry Lummel).

SATURDAY, APRIL 3 - JAVIER HERNANDEZ'S ART SHOW, SAN FRANCISCO

I'll be celebrating my birthday at Javier's Bay Area bohemian happening, where the cartoonist behind EL MUERTO, AZTEC ZOMBIE will display his latest paintings. See his blog Javzilla for details....

SUNDAY, APRIL 4 - PANEL & SIGNING: WONDER CON, SAN FRANCISCO

A reprise of the Contemporary Jewish Museum panel mid-day and, during the rest of the day, I'll be at the WildCard Ink booth (Gumby Comics) signing my comics and drawing Gumby and Pokey (not to mention Prickle) for the kids.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11 - CARTOON FLOPHOUSE SIGNING at GEEKS in Whittier

I'll be signing with CRYING MACHO MAN's JOSE CABRERA at the comic book shop Geeks. It's part of our new master plan which Jose and I will discuss in the coming weeks with an important announcement. Meanwhile, for this signing...save that date!

CARTOONISTAS UNITED ONLINE!

CARTOONISTAS blog: This is a great place online to find out what all of us L.A.-based amigos (myself, animator JIM LUJAN, JAVIER HERNANDEZ, JOSE CABRERA and otherrs) are up to as a group throughout the calendar year. Mr. Lujan does a formidable job keeping the blog abreast of it all.

And don't forget to buy your copy of FLOOP! FEATURING HARRY LUMMEL, my latest comic, available now! Make a check out to Michael Aushenker for $7 ($5 plus $2 shipping) and send it immediately to:

Michael Aushenker/Cartoon Flophouse
P.O. Box 480045
Los Angeles, CA 
90048

HARRY LUMMEL is a triumph of doomed romance that you won't want to miss! However bad a relationship you're going through, this one's worse! Enjoy!

No comments: