Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today would've been Peter's 84th birthday......



Mr. Graves passed away on Sunday, March 14, quite dramatically and traumatically for his family. My article on his life and career hit the streets today.
http://www.palisadespost.com/news/content.php?id=5596
Above, I am with Peter at the Riviera Country Club on June 11, 2009. He told me some bawdy stories from the sets of his various movies, including John Ford's "The Long Gray Line" and Billy Wilder's "Stalag 17." Opposite us at the table were Mr. and Mrs. Gavin MacLeod.

His wife Joanie, by the way, is in the top three of Palisadians that I've met over my two years with the paper. She's truly one of the best people I've met in years, with a crackling personality and a cracking sense of humor. I wish her and her family a lot of strength during this difficult time. 

A few weeks ago, an acquaintance ran into Peter as was struggling to find a parking space outside of his favorite hang-out, The Golden Bull in Santa Monica Canyon. Peter looked over at him and shot, "Doesn't anyone eat at home anymore?"

No comments: