Friday, April 23, 2010

All Eyes Are On JAVIER HERNANDEZ! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAVY!


A shout-out to a best friend and one of the best peeps in comics (if not THE best, in my top two....and I can't remember the other guy!)Today is a very special day for Mr. JAVIER HERNANDEZ, creator of EL MUERTO, AZTEC ZOMBIE! So in his honor, I'm running a gallery of some covers that I know he digs! Happy birthday, Javy! You're the greatest, buddy!



The money our government would've saved on two wars if we had just sent the Ghost Rider to go fight Al-Qaeda!



Wow! Just like in the movie!



Yikes! Someone wake up Stan Yan and get him out of there...FAST!



Here's my personal favorite, Javy! But don't tell Steve Leialoha!



NOT a rip-off of JAWS....AT ALL! Listen, misfit! Did JAWS have a dolphin-killin' bastard named Phillips in it?! THANK YOU!



Even in the late 1970s, our freeways had gridlock! Here's one of your favorites, Javy! The Ghost Rider keeps things local!



Huh? I missed the memo which announced that the Orb had joined the X-Men!

Enjoy your big day, Jav! Have a good one!

1 comment:

Javier Hernandez said...

Whoops! Sorry Mikey, I been running around like a, well...birthday boy all weekend I missed this lovely post.

Thanks a bunch, amigo! These are some pretty funky covers you picked...And it's an all Ghost Rider parade of artwork, too!! I'd say that the cover to issue #15 is indeed one of my all time favs. You can't go wrong with the fashionable Orb and rush hour on the Ventura Freeway!

Thanks Mikey, for the many years of great friendship, and hilarity! You've always been a great embodiment of the idea of having fun and enjoying the absurdities of life, usually over a great meal.

Catch ya on the Ventura Freeway!