Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Funnybook Eye Candy: MAGILLA GORILLA


Remember that ABBOTT & COSTELLO comic book cover I ran last Friday?

Well, here's a nice companion piece. I love the simplicity of it, the red/blue logo and font, the bold use of pink. This is a crazy cover that never should have worked and yet it's as clean and compelling as Sandra Bullock in "The Blind Side." So you can thank Big Mike here for posting it.... I've run this image before but it's worth repeating.

As Magilla used to say: "YABBA-DABBA-DOOOOOO!"

2 comments:

Javier Hernandez said...

Hadn't seen this before, but I love this cover. Yeah, the pink is really catchy. Makes me wanna put on my pink, long sleeve shirt I used to go clubbing with back in the 80s.... (Course, it wouldn't fit me now!!)

Mikey, are you ever going to run Top Cow covers as examples of artistic design and pleasing color palettes?

Wait, that was a stupid question!!!

Greenblatt the Great! said...

When Top Cow runs Top Cow (inspired by Hanna-Barbara's Top Cat) on a cover, maybe I'll consider it! Until then, they should moo-ve over.