Monday, August 24, 2009

Back from vacay and in your face!



Came back from vacation and found a nice little email in my inbox from my longtime artist friend Pinguino Kolb, a photographer who does a lot of work for the Comic Book Resources site.

Above is a shot of cartoonist Javier Hernandez and myself that she took down at my booth at San Diego Comic-Con over the summer. Jav is flaunting a copy of my most recent comic book, SILLY GOOSE, while I'm flaunting my best Wild West outlaw expression, trying to audition for a remake of THE WILD BUNCH.

Overall, Comic-Con 2009 was a fun time, if short on surprises: catching up with friends, a nice dinner or two, and a couple of good parties off campus, so to speak. Then I returned home and immediately got a haircut.

Thanks, Pinguino.....see you at APE in October! And bring your telephoto lens next time! The best for mugs like ours!

1 comment:

Javier Hernandez said...

Great to have you back Michael. Haven't read anything good on the internet for over a week! And that's including my blog rants!!

That's a nice pic Pinguino took of us. It marks my first official foray into celebrity endorsements!