Monday, May 3, 2010

Behold! The Power of Comics....



Behold the power of Gene Colan's artistry!

I'm not knocking the movie version of IRON MAN, which is a pretty faithful design of the comics' version, especially now since we've escaped the "Dark Ages" when all Hollywood superheroes' costumes had to look like rejects from THE MATRIX and BLADE (see the X-MEN movies, DAREDEVIL, etc.)

But this is the IRON MAN I know and nothing will ever top it for me. I love Don Heck's original, I love Steve Ditko's innovations...but most of all, I love how Colan took all of that and ran with it. His design is bold yet beautiful, indestructible yet eloquent. I don't feel the IRON MAN armor has ever looked better, either before Colan....or since!

Not "I AM IRON MAN....." Sing :"COLAN AM IRON MAN!"

No comments: