Friday, May 28, 2010

Have I gone topsy turvy? Touche!


Wow, 2010 has been odd regarding comics-related entertainment.

I actually LIKED (not loved but LIKED) that G.I. JOE movie (caught it this year on DVD) that was the scorn of every critic's wrath (it was better than TRANSFORMERS 2....really!).....I've somehow managed to NOT see the IRON MAN 2 movie yet because I didn't dig the trailer.....I kind of want to see JONAH HEX which some insiders claim is horrible but it looks really good to me.....and that MARMADUKE movie that is the joke of the blogosphere? I'm telling you, it's going to make a TON of money...and dare I say it, it doesn't look that bad (for what it is).

I also have no interest to see a reboot of SPIDER-MAN or another X-MEN movie (WOLVERINE killed my appetite! SNIKT!)

Are comics-related movies just getting worse so that my expectations have been lowered on good films and raised on bad films? Or has my taste compass finally cracked?!

While I ponder this pressing philosophical question, I'd like to wish all you Flophousers a terrific, fun and safe holiday weekend.

-- The Management

1 comment:

Greenblatt the Great! said...

DEAN LECRONE writes:

Hey Michael, been reading your summer movie notes-- go see Iron Man 2 already! No, it's not as good as the first one, but it isn't horrible. Hey, maybe i missed you mentioning it, but did you go see "Kickass"? I love love loved it. Very odd, different type of 'superhero' film. I never read the comic/graphic novel that it's based on-- but i really liked it. Definitely NOT a film for everyone though-- i can see why it didn't do a whole lot of business at the box office just based on the fact of some R material, language violence etc.