Thursday, June 4, 2009

Actor DAVID CARRADINE



Sad news coming out of Hollywood today about the passing of DAVID CARRADINE in Bangkok.

My condolences to the Carradine family, whom I've known since my high school years. One of David's nephews, Richard, happens to be my best friend and my partner in crime since day one of our Fairfax High School prison sentence (j/k, wasn't that bad...) and while I do not know any of the Carradine actor brothers personally, I've met them here and there over the years, and the Carradine family is one very talented family (actors, architects, ballerinas, musician/composers, writers, artists...you name it, the Carradines have them in their family). I hope one day to have a family of my own this gifted...If every family was this involved in the arts, the world would be a much more exciting and interesting place, that's for sure!

Judging from afar, David was probably the wildest, most volatile, and most eccentric of the actors in his very colorful family. He definitely left us with many memorbable performances, both on film and in real life.

Rich and his immediate family are a treasured part of my life, and I wish them much strength and all the best during this difficult time.

-- Michael

No comments: