Friday, July 1, 2011

EL GATO VS. BRITISH PHONE ADVERT LUCHADOR!

Funny stuff... A British phone company whipped up a character for an ad that looks suspiciously (or coincidentally) but definitely anatomically close to a certain Crime Mangler (the mug looks more Charles Burns' El Borbah). This is an ad from a few years ago and I've been aware of it for a long time, I just never got around to posting about it until now.

Diamond Dist. has carried all of my El Gato books, and some copies sold to comic book stores in London. So who knows if the inspiration is direct, but it's funny either way. My character aside, I'm not sure that's the best way to sell a new SIM card or whatever it is that's going on with this phone company.

Of course, phone ads be damned, there is only one EL GATO, CRIME MANGLER!!!!



1 comment:

Troy S said...

Loved reading this thannks