Wednesday, March 17, 2010

WONDER CON WEEKEND! Panels Galore in SF April 1, 4: Joe Kubert and me


If you'll be in the Bay Area, save them dates! 

THURSDAY, APRIL 1 - I'll be part of a panel of Jewish comic-book creators speaking at the Contemporary Jewish Museum of San Francisco736 Mission Street, San Francisco - (415) 655-7800. Also scheduled to talk is the legendary artist JOE KUBERT, creator of THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER and draftsman 
best known for SGT. ROCK and HAWKMAN. And yes, I will finally ask Joe if he knows how many feathers are glued to the
outside of Hawkman's helmet. Stay tuned.

SATURDAY, APRIL 3 - My, um, birthday, by the way. Come celebrate with me at the art gallery opening of my L.A. cartoonist compadre JAVIER HERNANDEZ's art show, COMIC POP. He's tight-lipped about what will be in the show, but I'm sure certain characters will appear, including Demolition Duck, a certain Aztec Zombie, and, perhaps, Elastico? The details of his event are right at his site.

SUNDAY, APRIL 4 - Wonder Con, at the Moscone Center South in San Francisco - Kubert and I and the rest of the cartoonist panelists get our act together and take it on the road (well, a few blocks away) to Wonder Con, noon to 2 p.m. I'll probably come up with a new question for Kubert for this one, like which artist does he prefer, Andy or Adam?

It should be a big weekend in the Bay Area so be there with bells on, baby!


No comments: