Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Cartoon World's Go-To Piece of Classical: Liszt's "Hungarian Rhapsody # 2"


OK, you Flophousers, it's time for a general election:

Which interpretation of Liszt's "Hungarian Rhapsody # 2" is the definitive version. Is it the version by......?

Bugs Bunny? (from "Rhapsody Rabbit")


Tom and Jerry? ("Cat Concerto")


Victor Borge and Rowlf? ("The Muppet Show")


Or Woody Woodpecker? ("Convict Concerto")


I'm partial to Woody, but I'd like to hear what others think.

Enjoy all four versions if you can make it through them without getting your eggs scrambled!

1 comment:

wompstudios said...

I love them all. Great post! They all make you laugh and smile. I'm partial to BUGS. I'm curious to which one appeared 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The muppets is funny but not in the same class.