Saturday, July 10, 2010

MURRRR! The GHOULA Comic Book is coming....(Creeeepy!)



I'm contributing a 7-page story to the GHOULA comic book, which will be out in October in time for Halloween and Dia de los Muertos. The theme of the book is the supernatural meets L.A. lore, two hot topics!

GHOULA is the Ghost Hunters of Urban Los Angeles and they are NOT ghost chasers or paranormal nuts...they're spirit chasers, as in they chase down spirits at bars and restaurants and hotels that are supposedly haunted. If you need a little background on the group, here's an article I wrote about them last year when GHOULA met at Patrick's Roadhouse in Santa Monica Canyon.

Other cartoonists contributing to the first GHOULA comic include my CARTOON FLOPHOUSE partner Jose Cabrera (CRYING MACHO MAN), my GUMBY'S GANG STARRING POKEY collaborator Raf Navarro (SONAMBULO), Javier Hernandez (EL MUERTO, AZTEC ZOMBIE), my fellow CAPSer Jim Wheelock, GHOULA founders Rich Carradine and Lisa Mouse, and Steve Nash of the Phoenix Suns.

Here's a clue to my story above!

(BOO! I was kidding about that last contributor.)

No comments: