Monday, June 29, 2009

40th Comic-Con Souvenir Book pinup: Turtle Power!


Here's the entry for this year's San Diego Comic-Con International souvenir book by my Southern California Cartoonist Society buddy Matt Lorentz, and his pals (their respective Web sites below). They tackled one of the anniversary themes: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Beautiful job, Matt and bunch!

www.wardellbrown.com

mattlorentz.deviantart.com
- The Art of Matt Lorentz

http://www.skidone.com/

www.roderickmojica.com - The Art of Rod Mojica

I've also submitted a full-color pin-up for this year's souvenir book. I chose a different anniversary theme to pay tribute to.
In years past, my pin-up honoring Art Clokey and his Gumby and Pokey creations has run (I threw some Unstoppable Rogues in their with my garage band pin-up featuring Gumby, Pokey and Prickle....and this was years before I became a Gumby comics writer).

With my CAPS group, I've contributed to pin-ups honoring Dick Tracy, Li'L Archie and Legion of Superheroes (not because I'm particularly fond of any of those themes, but because the group picked them).

I'll try and post my 2009 entry up in the weeks to come.

No comments: